Chinese-Forums

visa run to HK

panda23

As you say, its hard to know what that means... If it was a problem they might bring it up at the test centre i guess. Then again, they might not care. If you have a certificate that would suggest you "passed" though

It says "Abnormal Routine Urinary Test", nothing more. You think this will cause a problem? I did get the certificate.

Probably won't cause a problem, though I cannot say for sure without more information. It would help to have the actual urine test results.

This particular lab test typically screens for some actual health problems, as indicated by the presence of sugar, blood, or protein in the urine (whereas there should be none.) But the test also has some "suggested normal ranges," most notably for Specific Gravity (SG) which merely tells how concentrated the sample was. The results of this part of the test can be thrown off ("made abnormal") by simple things such as how much water you had to drink the night before the test was done.

Sometimes the reporting is automated in such a way that things like this which don't really indicate a medical problem still get labeled "abnormal."

• 3 months later...
  • New Members

Hi,

How did you get on with the visa run to HK?

I have a similar problem.

I am currently living in China as a teacher in Foshan on a Z visa.

However, I am going to start the regular chinese course at HIT in Sept.

I am also English and was wondering if I can get my X visa in Hong Kong in August before returning to China?

I had a letter from my doctor in the uk before coming to China and have since had a full examination on arrival in China for the residence permit.

These both happened longer than 6 months ago and are presumably out of date.

Can I go to the same place and have the medical performed again? Am I better off getting this done in HK? Is it this full medical they are after for the X visa or more of a letter from a doctor?

I don't have a chinese doctor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.