Chinese-Forums

working on a student visa

dlee85

Is it online at all, preferably in Chinese? Maybe there's some arrangement somewhere that makes it possible (well, it's possible anyway. Legal) but it'd be the first time I've heard of it. I don't hear everything though.

Cheers Matty. A useful article there. I sincerely hope it is possible. I'm in two minds about whether I should stay and develop my career here in the UK or go and learn Chinese full time! Being able to find related work whilst studying is the best of both worlds. I wonder if engineering is considered high technology.

Well, in 6 years I've never heard of this and I don't think the PSB representatives I've spoken to have either. Then again there's a lot they don't know of what happens after the visa is processed.

I'd definitely contact the school and ask for more details on that. Also many people do illegal private 1-1 tutoring. However I would not recommend this.

• 3 months later...
  • New Members

Is the following information true?

WORKING WHILE STUDYING IN CHINA

International students can work for 12 hours per week in China during study period. But in summer and winter vacations international students can work more than 12 hours if they have permission.

• 1 month later...

I have read somewhere that International students can work for 12 hours per week but some say that students cannot work legally. What is the real deal? Does getting part time work for the allowed 12 hours still require getting a part-time work visa? Where will you get such visa? In your home country or in China directly?

Will be studying in Beijing this September, so any advice on the matter will be greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

@amtairawati Yah! It would be great and more productive if we can do part-time job! I'm really confused on their rules. Some say that only students who takes a course with an internship required are those that are allowed to work on a student visa.