Chinese-Forums

Entertaining and interesting Chinese language blogs

Hugh

Hi all, I'm looking for some recommendations here.

What Chinese-language blogs do you enjoy reading? I'm a bit sick of reading dry news reports, but find it difficult to track down stuff that I like.

Some (loose) criteria:

• Has to freely accessible outside China. I don't know why, but I find sina, 163 etc. are inaccessible via VPN, and I'd prefer to not have to keep switching back and forth with the connection.
  • Traditional / simplified characters both fine.
  • Has RSS, and ideally includes the full post in the feed rather than snippets (note to blog owners everywhere: only putting snippets in your feed doesn't make me click through to your site more, it just makes me not read your posts).
  • Funny, witty readable stuff would be great.
  • Might be more potential from Taiwan and Hong Kong due to greater artistic freedom.

Anyway really I'd just like to see what people here read that's interesting and entertaining. All topics are good, I like reading widely.

Also, does anyone know if there's a mirror of 韓寒's blog that's accessible outside China?

Thanks a lot

• Like 1

If I understand it right, the OP is in China, and wants to always be surfing the Internet with a VPN turned on, and then wanting to be able to access Chinese blogs and sites through the VPN to avoid the hassle of always switching between proxy and non-proxy e.g. he is in China, but using the VPN means the VPN will be accessing the sites from outside of China.

As xiaocai mentioned, 韓寒's blog is readily accessible outside China (it loads for me without any delay), so your VPN is probably causing some sort of problem (not sure which provider you use), and any other Chinese sites people recommend are likely to have similar issues.

I'm not sure what browser you use, but if you use Firefox or Chrome, there are extensions that allow you to quickly and easily swap between multiple proxies and I believe they can even be configured to work automatically based on the URL, so you can specify that site A, site B and site C don't use the proxy, but everything else does - which will at least solve part of your problem in that sina, 163 and Han Han's blog won't need to go through the VPN and will therefore load within acceptable times.

• 3 weeks later...

GOOGLE SEARCH using key words in Chinese might help. Not sure what websites you can get access to. If you have problem giving the keywords on your own ,you can list some keywords you interested in in EN and ask'em to be translated in Chinese and you are on your way.