Chinese-Forums

Chinese gf wants to come to Canada

Chinadoog

Hey guys. My Chinese gf wants to come to Canada to be with me (maybe forever..), but we're not really sure about how difficult it will be for her to get a visa, and what kind of visa she should get.

Any suggestions or advice on where I can find accurate information on this topic?

Thanks

My business partner owns an immigration company which specializes in immigration to Canada. He only takes on cases which will be successful, and he has a 100% success rate with close to 20 years of experience.

If you're interested in speaking with him, I can PM you his email address.

In addition, I've had many Canadian colleagues take their fiances/wives back with them to Canada no problem. From what I gather, immigrating to Canada is fairly painless.

If you're getting married or engaged, I think her chances are almost 100%. If you're just dating, it may be more of a challenge.

I've PMed you my business partner's email address. (Anyone reading this in the future is welcome to ask as well.)

Cool, thanks for the PM.

But I've heard that it's not that simple.. like the Chinese authorities (not sure what to call them) regularly decline people's visa applications because they think that they have the intention of leaving and not coming back, or for some other unknown reasons.

I'm totally willing to sponsor her to come here or whatever, and send a formal letter of invitation, but I'm worried that still won't be enough.

like the Chinese authorities (not sure what to call them) regularly decline people's visa applications because they think that they have the intention of leaving and not coming back, or for some other unknown reasons.

You mean the Canadian consulate in China? The Chinese authorities are only responsible for issuing her a passport, not the visa.

That's very rarely a problem nowadays I think, unless you are of some special interest to the authorities. The authorities aren't involved beyond issuing the passport and letting you out at the border. You'd be better off just doing what the Canadian embassy tells you to do and not worrying about what you've 'heard'. There's also no need to use agencies , except perhaps to avoid some of the hassle.

• Like 1

Only if you are a government employee, I think.

See these:

http://www.bjgaj.gov.cn/web/detail_getWsgsInfo_37073_col1359.html

(一)须出示单位意见人员

下列人员办理护照首次申请、换发、补发、加注须出示单位意见:

一、在公安机关出入境管理部门登记备案的国家工作人员。

二、部队驻地在京的现役中国人民解放军军人、人民武装警察(含离退休人员)。

除上述人员外,其他人员办理护照首次、换发、补发、加注的无须出具单位意见。

http://zhidao.baidu.com/question/266449590.html

请问中学教师出国旅游办护照,需要什么手续。。。。需要在公务员那一栏填写并单位盖章吗?

http://law.95089.com/falvchangshi/guojifalei/6641.html

出国需要办理哪些手续 出国旅游需要什么手续?

• 2 weeks later...

What Roddy says. The Chinese authorities need to provide your gf with a passport. The only cases I've heard of where they won't issue a passport is for dissidents and other people annoying to the government. Then the Canadian embassy will have to issue a visa in that passport, for which there will be certain requirements. Many countries want Chinese travellers to have certain guarantees that they won't come to Canada and then stay there illegally. I know in the Netherlands, to bring your partner over you need to prove that you can maintain them during their stay and that you in fact have a serious relationship, and you are responsible for them leaving when their time is up.

So yeah, ask the Canadian embassy or consulate in China.

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently it's not that easy for some Chinese people to get a passport...

My gf went back to her hometown to apply for a passport and they straight up denied her for no reason. (This was a few weeks ago.)

And she went back again yesterday and found out that they blacklisted her (didn't say why), so she went and found some police chief or something who made her call me and get my full name and passport number, and apparently it's OK now and they're going to send her the passport when it's ready.

So weird...

• 1 month later...