Chinese-Forums

Seeking an Endocrinologist in Beijing/Shanghai

kdavid

Does anyone know of a good endocrinologist in either Beijing or Shanghai? A friend's mother is having some serious issues, and the doctors here in Harbin aren't helping.

In particular, we're looking for someone who specializes in the thyroid and thyroid-related diseases.

If you're looking for western doctors, I'll throw this out there on the off-chance that it might help:

See http://www.ufh.com.cn/en/

The United Family Healthcare has several hospitals in Chinese cities. Beijing United in the Beijing neighborhood I used to live in is their hospital in Beijing. At least it was 5 or 6 years ago.

Understand that when I lived in Beijing, it was with my parents who were expats, so I'm fairly certain that their company was paying for whatever medical expenses/insurance we had while we were there. It may be pricey.

We have many friends who had life-threatening illnesses/heart attacks/etc. that were cared for well.

You may consider trying some of the hospitals connected to top universities. I can't give any individual recommendations, but the doctors at hospitals connected to Fudan University seem to know what they are talking about.