Chinese-Forums

question related to image enlargement

semantic nuance

Hi,

Can anyone here help me out with this question related to image enlargement?

I find when I click the image on this forum, it will enlarge. I'd like to know what kind of software I should use if I want the images posted not as original sizes but enlarged when someone clicks them?

Thanks in advance!

SN

Yes, just post the images, or link to them if they are held on another website. Whatever size they are, unless already small, they will automatically be reduced here, and clicking on them will lead to enlargements.

You don't have to do anything.

Thank you guys for your help.

I wasn't thinking about posting pictures here while I asked this question. I was just curious to know how the enlargement was made.

@roddy and skylee: sorry for being not clear. Thank you, roddy, for that link.

I was just curious to know how the enlargement was made.

I think the thing to realise is that you're not so much enlarging the image. Rather you start with the larger image and then shrink it, and then only show the shrunken down version to people at first.

If you start with a smaller image and enlarge it, the image will become heavily pixelated and lose detail, so you can't just have some sort of software that accurately enlarges some random image.

Thanks, imron, for the explanation.

@roddy: I just tried the link you gave me. I tried to use it, and when the photo was done, I was asked to post my email address for them to send me a url link to post on website. However, after I've done the request, nothing appeared in my mailbox. Do you happen to know anything wrong with it?

EDIT: never mind, I've found it in the junkmail. I checked the link but couldn't work while I tried to post it on my blog. It didn't work, saying the link cannot be identified.

假設性問題: 假設我要在我的blog 裏貼上圖片,我想要用縮圖 (這樣畫面不會太突兀),然後點擊縮圖之後,圖片就會放大(因為我想要呈現原始大小的畫素),我要怎麼作? 我只是好奇這個過程怎麼做到的?

謝謝!!

Sorry, I want to be clear so I use Chinese.

I think you can first post your image on websites like imageshack, and then post the relevant thumbnail in your blog. This might be helpful -> http://learn-bbcode....-clickable.html

Or google how to use thumbnail etc.

PS - but if your blog is on blogspot and you use windows live writer to post your blog post, I think this is automatically done. Take this post of mine for example, if you click on the images, a larger version will be shown. But I don't recall if the larger versions are of the original size.

windows live writer is a free software you can download and install in your computer to help you post to your blog without logging on to your blog everytime. You can save your drafts in your pc, and post the same writing to different blogs easily. I now maintain three identical blogs (I don't know why I do this) and I find this software helpful. It is easy to use. Take a look -> http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-other-programs?T1=t4