Chinese-Forums

How would I put this?

iMeng@Meng

As I learned from my last post, when you have a noun with a classifier that has a description it goes in between the counter and noun. So if I wanted to translate this would this be correct....

There was a queen with hair as long as rapunzel, who wanted a daughter with lips as red as blood and skin as white as snow. (I know, a rip off from snow white, so sue me lol...)

Translation

You3 yi1 ge tou2fa xiang1 rapunzel yi2 yang4 chang2 de huang2hou2 yao3 nv3 hai2zi zui3chun2 xiang4 xue4 yi2 yang4 hong2 pi2fu1 xiang2 xue3 yi2 yang4.

And if you have been noticing I saw a grammar point in some readings of mine that go like this

Noun1 + xiang4 + Noun2 + yi2 yang4+ adjective

Noun1 as adj as Noun2

But as usual I know I KNOW I am wrong somewhere...

EDIT thanks yeut I missed that

There was a queen with hair as long as rapunzel, who wanted a daughter with lips as red as blood and skin as white as snow. (I know, a rip off from snow white, so sue me lol...)

Translation

You3 yi1 ge tou2fa xiang1 rapunzel yi2 yang4 chang2 de huang2hou2 zui3chun2 xiang4 xue4 yi2 yang4 hong2 pi2fu1 xiang2 xue3 yi2 yang4

You haven't translated "wanted a daughter".

Consider these alternatives -

很早 -> 很久

嘴唇像血 -> 嘴唇血紅

皮肤像雪 -> 皮膚雪白

Also if the queen is like Queen Elizabeth II in the UK then she should be a 女皇. If she is the (No. 1) wife of a king/emperor, then she is a 皇后.

• Like 1

Hmmm Oh I see, what about

Yesterday there was a man who tried to overcharge my mother on three things that should have only costed 3 dollars.

zuo2tian1, you3 yi1 ge nan2 shi4 yàojià tàigāo wo3 de ma1ma1 san1 ge wu4pin ying1gai1 zhi3 san meiyuan.

I know I have something wrong,