Chinese-Forums

Please help me translate a Chinese address to English?

happyjason

• New Members

I would like to send a package to this address from the US. Can someone help me translate it and tell me how i need to write iton the package?

陕西省西安市雁塔区北沈家桥天正幸福里一号楼一单元1601座

You need the zip code in the front(Xian city zipcode is enough although if yo can get a more accruate district one, it's better), everything else is right. Chinese addresses can be all on one line. Just put CHINA in caps on the 2nd line I believe if mailing from the US..

Next, I wouldn't recommend translating it into pinyin. So just stick with chinese, the China in caps is enough to tell the post office that it's going to China.

As yialanliu says, just print out the Chinese you have and add "China" in English then post it. The person delivering it to the final destination will be Chinese. They don't need a "translation". The US post office only needs to know which country to send it to.

The Xi'an zipcode / post code is 710000

So make a label like this

陕西省西安市雁塔区北沈家桥天正幸福里一号楼一单元1601座

PRC China

and stick it on the package. Add stamps of an appropriate value then Robert will be your father's brother.

• 2 weeks later...
  • New Members

I still need Help!!! this advise did not work:(

I need an english translation for the address for the customs form. They will not take an address in chinese and I can't send it without it.

Please help me!!

So make up something. As long as you get the country right, it doesn't really matter. Just don't get someone that reads Chinese. And if you do, maybe they can help you :-)

If you don't want to do that, here's my translation. I personally wouldn't rely on it for a package, but....

Floor 1, Unit 1601

1 Tianzheng Xingfuli

North Shenjia bridge

Yanta District

Xi'an, Shaanxi

CHINA

[Anyone want to do anything better for 北沈家桥天正幸福里? It seems to be a development there: http://xian.qwjian.com/communities/482935 ]

Building 1, not floor 1 but it really don't matter. Like you mentioned, shouldn't be a big deal.

北沈家桥天正幸福里 is probably a complex. You dont have to have a street in China, if you say the community, it will arrive there correctly.