Chinese-Forums

How to switch from Chinese to English?

skylee

I am looking for the right hotels for my trip to france. There are a few websites that I usually use for hotel bookings, one of them is venere.com. But very strangely when I try to use venere on IE9 I am automatically given the simplified Chinese page. I tried to choose English but the website just refused to give me the English version. I suppose this had to do with my IP address (I am in HK). It is really difficult to use Chinese to choose hotels in France. If I can't view it in English I will just use other websites. Anyone knows how I can turn it to English on IE?

[PS - I can get its English version on Chrome. But I prefer IE.]

[Also, this is off-topic, if anyone wants to buy SNCF train tickets online, do not use its Chinese/Hong Kong website. The prices there are for unknown reasons awfully high, and the choices of trains are incredibly limited. Buy your TGV tickets on the French or English websites.]

That's because you set Chinese as the first language preference in your browser. If you prefer sites in English, you should put English as the first choice.

Also, there is a language choice in the top right corner, right under the phone number.

Also, there is a language choice in the top right corner, right under the phone number.

I knew that. But as I said, "I tried to choose English but the website just refused to give me the English version." But thanks for your reply.

Any way, if I get to venere via tripadvisor I get the English version, and this way I have booked one hotel on venere ...