Chinese-Forums

Global Language Chinese / China Study Abroad

gracena

Has anyone gone to Chine through the study abroad programs Global Language Chinese (GL Chinese) or China Study Abroad (CSA)? If you did, I would very much appreciate your thoughts on the program! Thank you! Also open to anyone who has heard good/bad things about these two programs.

*Disclaimer - I work at a competing educational organisation*

It really depends what you are looking for in a study abroad service - simply help with the application process to a university or a fully inclusive package.

China Study Abroad offers the latter type (university study plus extras like a local mobile phone, airport pick-up, 24-hour phome assistance etc.) and as a result their programs are significantly more expensive than simply paying for program fees to the university (e.g. CSA's 1 semester course at BLCU is USD$2800 whereas that particular course on its own only costs ~USD$1830).

I personally would save the money, bring my own mobile phone and catch the bus from the airport, haha. But again, it depends what you are looking for :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I will be studying this Sept in Peking University with the help of CSA. I feel that the services they will offer (enrollment assistance, help in getting residence permit, etc) is ideal for me since I don't have that high grades in college and I don't speak Mandarin fluently. However, I advise you get your apartment elsewhere since CSA offers way too expensive rents. As long as you get into your preferred school, I think you can handle getting an apartment on your own. Also, by getting your own apartment you can choose a closer location to whatever school you will be attending.