Chinese-Forums

chinese IME for android tablet

Shelley

Has anyone found a good IME to use with android tablets. I don't want to permantly change the tablet to chinese just to be able to input characters into google docs or apnotes.

I have had a look around but can't find anything.

I am using android version 2.1, i have noticed a lot of them want a higher version.

(Please note i don't have access to android market)

i can display characters no problem in docs and ebooks, i just would love to be able to input them too.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

I can't upgrade the tablet with new software, and my wallet won't let me upgrade tablets:) besides it does everything else i want so i don't see any need, except I am having to still use pleco on my windows phone cos it needs a higher version too, but we manage:)

Maybe one day in the future,but for now I am happy.

• 1 month later...

Search for 百度输入法Pad版. This should be better than Google's since Baidu is the biggest search engine in China. (I can download it for you if you don't have access to the android market).

I have both baidu IME and google IME installed in my Android cell phone. I think baidu works very well in inputting Chinese, but I don't really use it, mainly because its English input is quite poor in my opinion (no auto-capitalisation at the start of a sentence, for example), and I very often need to write in English, and frequent switching of IME is quite troublesome. So I use google IME, which is not bad at all.

I think you can download the apk file of the google IME here (scroll down to find the download button) -> http://www.coolapk.c...tmethod.pinyin/

And the apk file of the baidu IME can be downloaded here -> http://soft.shouji.c...940.html#dlshow

Thank you skyle and malanting.

skylee I have been looking at the page you directed me to for the google IME. I an not confident my chinese is good enough to use this site. Is there an english version? How do you use google to translate web pages never done it before. Also I did try using MDGB translator but it stopped working so i removed it from my machine and now have nothing like that to use. So i am stuck :)

Thanks

• 2 months later...