Chinese-Forums

where to buy replacement laptop batteries in Shanghai

bottledpoetry

Hi guys and girls,

I was wondering if you guys could help with my current quandary - I'm trying to buy a replacement battery for my ASUS laptop. The laptop was purchased in the States and it's an older model, I'm not sure if ASUS ever sold this model in China. Where do you think I could find a replacement battery for this?

Thank you!

Have a look on Taobao. If you can't find one on there, I don't think you're likely to find one on sale in China. I'd look next at eBay and see if there are any Hong Kong based sellers who might ship to the mainland.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Batteries age, batteries die. What a downer.

Since a few days ago my laptop batteries have stopped charging at 60%. Before 60%, the indicator says 充電中 (charging, I suppose). But when it has reached 60%, the messsage turns to 未充電. Very frustrated. Any suggestions to fix this, or is it time for a replacement?

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

I have no idea about your model of laptop or the availability of batteries, but there is a large electronics shopping centre in Xujiahui called Bainaohui (百脑汇) which is probably a good place to start looking if you don't wish to buy off the net.

Any suggestions to fix this, or is it time for a replacement?

Time for a replacement.

There are all sorts of "tricks" people have proposed for extending the battery lifetime. I've heard people suggest putting it into the freezer. Other people suggest 3-4 full discharge / charge cycles. [And really full discharge, turn off the hibernate on power low feature so the computer will turn off only when totally drained.]

Personally, I wouldn't expect much improvement.....

yes I thought you were right. and I've actually begun checking prices of the batteries ... but ... I've tried this "trick" a few times, and now the indicator says the batteries are 100% charged ... which looks kind of suspicious ...

This is the trick I tried -> http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/quot-plugged-in-not-charging-quot-problem/td-p/159301 (the 8th post about uninstalling .. what ... the drivers?)

It didn't work the first time. But since I had nothing to lose I did the uninstalling a few times more. And now I have fully-charged batteries. :conf

Is it true that I should detach the batteries when I don't need them?