Chinese-Forums

Nappy Prices

pprendeville

Whats the price of nappies in China these days? Heading over in the summer and just want to have a rough idea? Are there Chinese brands available and if so are they good/safe or should we've sticking with Pampers/Huggies if available?

There are Chinese brands available and there is a price discount when going local although the quality is also lower since it's cheaper.

Since Pampers/Huggies are also manufactured in China in Chinese owned plants with Chinese workers using the same raw material local brands used, I'd question their safety just as much as the local brands. Dannon was caught in the milk scandal along with the local brands.

From my personal opinion, while it can easily be unsafe, I'd worry more about food than anything you wear since ingesting poison is much worse than skin contact.

If you truly are worried, I'd just import as much as you can. You can go with the chinese/developing countries method of only using diapers at night and use cloth diapers you wash after each use instead.

My third daughter is wearing 妈咪宝贝 right now, RMB 139 for a 74-pack. I think they are a domestic version of a foreign brand. Anyhow, they are a happy medium in terms of price/quantity for us.

http://www.aiyingshi.com/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?sysno=18152

You can also get Huggies 好奇 and Pampers 帮宝适, as well as cheaper dometic brands, at all large grocery stores that I've been to in Shanghai and inland.

I can't comment as to how safe they are.

• Like 1