Chinese-Forums

RICH BLCU Learning Centre, individual course for advanced level

JK (小柯)

• New Members

Hi there, I m planning to spend 3 months learning Chinese Mandarin at RICH BLCU Learning Centre. Have anyone already taken classes there? Individual 1-to-1 classes? I hope to finally bring my Chinese on fluency level with this course, therefore would need really tough teachers and hardcore program:-)

From original BLCU web page I couldn't find any direct link to RICH centre, so I was wondering which connection the RICH Centre has to 北话, apart from the name.

BLCU itself unfortunately doesn't offer any individual classes and as per my experience it is very difficult to get a proper progress in group classes.

If somebody knows any other GREAT school in Beijing to Learn Chinese, I would greatly appreciate it if you could share your experience. As mentioned I m looking for tough, individual classes.

Many thanks in advance for all your feedback,

JK

I am studying at LTL Mandarin School and if you want a teacher with a solid academic background for individual classes, I think they might be a good school to look at. They have quite a "hardcore" program in Chengde, I have heard good things about, but I have not been. If you want to get to real fluency living with Chinese flatmates/a homestay family and not spending your evenings speaking English might be just as important.

RICH writes BLCU all over their webpage, so I would guess there must be some kind of affiliation, BLCU would come after them otherwise.