Chinese-Forums

Tourist Visa: Duration of stay?

Tiana

As I understand from the application instructions, the duration of stay for a tourist visa is 30 days. Is this right?

1. What should I do if I need to stay for 50 days?

2. And if I apply fo a double-entry for a 50-day visa, do I have to exit for a break before 30days is up or can I exit after 30 days?

Thank you! and apologies if the questions have already been asked before.

There are (or have been) longer tourist visas (for instance 60 days), but whether you can get one or not depends on many factors, including your nationality, the place you are applying for a visa, whether you have been to China before and so on.

If you get a multiple entry 30 day visa, you should leave China before the 30 days are up. You can return to China immediately, but you need the exit and entry stamps in your passport. An alternative is to try to extend your visa while in China, some agencies can help you with that.

• Like 1

There are 2 types of tourist visas entries and durations are different on both.

One is marked "Valid Until<date>", the other is marked "Enter Before <date>".

The first (blue) means you can stay in China until the date listed and will not need to leave. Any multiple entries will not extend your period of stay in China.

The second (green) means you can stay as many days as list under "Duration of each Stay", even past the "Enter Before" date, as long as you enter on or before the "Enter Before" date. Duration of stays may vary depending on place of application, nationality and circumstances

• Like 1

By the by, green visas are printed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and issued overseas by embassies and consulates. The blue ones (and residence permits, which are also blue) are printed by the PSB and issued within China by the various 出入管理局s. Or at least so I was once told.

As for the OP - apply for what you need and provide all possible evidence for needing it. Hopefully you'll get it. If not, then you need to look into extensions or trips out of China.

Edited to remove blatant errors

• Like 1