Chinese-Forums

Taiwan Cinefest 2012, London

roddy

Here's the list of films - anyone going to any of them? I'd probably take in a couple but I'm away that weekend - could see the Spin Kid though, is that any good?

That said, the blurb for Spin Kid doesn't inspire. Heart throb...aspiring young DJ...drug deal gone wrong...estranged father. Not convinced.

War Game looks fun - always good to see old folk slap down the young 'uns. Mayday: "Taiwan's answer to One Direction or Take That." - no thanks. Leaving Gracefully looks a bit maudlin. Days We Stared at the Sun - stopped reading at the word 'teen'.

When did you re-locate from Beijing to London!?

I may be attending with members of one of my Chinese meet-up groups. However, I wasn't inspired by the films that will be shown and will probably (a) be out with an ex-work colleague next Friday evening, celebrating end of my assignments, and (b) out with my language exchange partners during the weekend.

I'll check out some classic Chinese films that I have yet to see like 'Raise the Red Lantern' instead.