Chinese-Forums

Website to buy unlocked phones

allnighter453

Does anyone know of any good (trusting) websites to buy unlocked cell phones? I saw the national geographic travel site place where they sold unlocked phones, but for China they only had maybe 9 phones listed and none were even close to worth their price. I can unlock the phones myself if they are Android, but I'd rather buy one that I know is going to work in China and is already unlocked.....

I will be going at the end of August and will be there for a 10 months. I'm looking to buy two phones at decent price and they must be smart phones....I'm not going back to non-smart phone days lol

So if anyone knows any good sites, please let me know.

Thank you

廷武

edit:

I found one called cellhut, their prices aren't too bad. Has anyone used this site before?

I bought my unlocked smartphone from an Amazon marketplace vendor. I have not been to China since buying this phone, but any GSM cellphone with a normal SIM card slot should work (don't know about micro SIM). If you want 3G, then you should probably get one with WCDMA (for use with China Unicom). I don't think you can get a TDSCDMA phone outside China (for China Mobile). Don't know about CDMA2000.

Why do you need two smartphones??

I'm paying for my girlfriend's phone too for our anniversary lol

Thanks about the 3G info didn't know that bit. I'm probably going to get my phone from cellhut or amazon they both have decent prices. I just need to make sure now that I get one that has working 3G lol

• 1 month later...