Chinese-Forums

English-Chinese translation, please help!

michaelcrm

One of my friends is applying for a MBA program in US and there is essay requied in the application. The question is:

Please detail the five-year plan for your career including the jobs you would like to have, how you would leverage your education, and how you would otherwise prepare yourself for this path.

Both of us were confused with the sentece"how you would otherwise prepare yourself for this path" and I don't know how to explain to her in Chinese. My understanding is "if you couldn't utilize this opportunity of education (or if your application was declined), what else would you do to prepare for this path?" But I am not quite sure with that.

Anyone has any idea? Thanks in advance.

I agree with Marco and Hashiri. Although the "otherwise" is a little ambiguous, and could mean either "in addition to" of "instead of", the key clue is "how you would leverage your education", which assumes the applicant WILL receive the (MBA) education he or see is seeking.