Chinese-Forums

Torrent file connectivity problem, anyone else?

thewamphyri

First - not sure of the policy, so if this topic is not with in the TOS, admins feel free to delete.

Is anyone (who may use such things) having trouble with torrent files connecting recently? Over the last two weeks all connectivity is dropped to zero, I know it's not just a case of random no seeds, as one of the torrents worked previously yet now does not and other are for recent shows which worked quickly in the past.

I am not having any other internet issues at all - just torrents.

Any ideas? Perhaps connected to the current time of year (as per last year)?

My location is Nanjing.

Troy

It's not finding the tracker.

They should certainly have seeds - they are not old files, and the websites list them as having seeds.

Recently a few have made connection - but it is random - files with the same trackers, one will work the other will not.

I don't have any way to encrypt the files - I tried with fg and the the still preform the same (this has always been the case, I have tried in the past using fg, and there is little or no difference, I suspect the protocol bypasses the fg process)

oh, okay, so not just me.

Interestingly enough, a file that has not worked the last few weeks yesterday decided to randomly work (with multiple seeds) and download in less then an hour.

However, for the most part, the problem still exists.

Troy

Interestingly enough, a file that has not worked the last few weeks yesterday decided to randomly work (with multiple seeds) and download in less then an hour.

That also happened to me, thewamphyri, while the issues was ongoing. More interesting, after some internet (lack thereof) trouble, the internet handyman just switched the ethernet cord into a different port on the router (I didn't have access to the main router) and with the return of my internet came the resumption of torrent activity. It's not perfect, some files just refuse to download, but if everything worked perfectly, then I'd really be worried.

The seeds that I could not see before (when the internet was working normally) reappeared, downloads wooshed by, and the sun set properly in the west.

/flings away language textbook