Chinese-Forums

Girls adding me on QQ

Demonic_Duck

Thanks. On the other hand I've been told that there might be some weirdos lurking on there. Someone else contacted me without specifying many details about themselves and kept nudging me for a video chat. They couldn't speak English very well and with my limited Chinese it was difficult for me to try to convey the message that I wanted to learn Chinese if they wanted to try and learn English. But my wife pretty much garnered that this person was a loon based on the messages she read later in our conversation.

omg im surprised no body mentioned it,

it's so easy in the settings and one click couls solve all the problems:

Open settings ,

on the tab at the left, choose Security Verification,

in Pricvacy Settings you can choose how or what kind of person can find your through what ways

in Identify Verification, you can set a question like"what's my real name", anyone failed to answer this question wont even have a chance to send you a notification that they wanteed to add you

Thanks for that response. I actually don't mind meeting strangers with QQ though. It's just that I really don't want to meet some nutcase that is interested in something really weird. I'm just looking for a language partner. I'll keep experimenting with QQ for a little while. I'm starting to think that it might be a moot point though since I'm studying traditional Chinese and a lot of mainland folks I've heard use this program and simplified Chinese is prevelant in mainland to a huge degree.

• 2 weeks later...