Chinese-Forums

Could somebody please translate the text on this shirt?

Baka88

It says 信你一成 雙目失明 (Believe/trust you 10%, both eyes are blind -> I would be totally blind if I trust/believe you)

They rhyme in Cantonese, and are intended to be funny I think.

The two examples in #3 are quite funny IMO. :D They simply mean that something is so unbelievable that if anyone believes it, or even 10% of it, (then people create the funny part - which should be just as unbelievable) something bad will happen, such as becoming blind, stopping menstruation, etc. The last word of the second part should rhyme with 成 in Cantonese.

Ah. That makes a lot more sense.

I was thinking along the lines of stopping menstruation is caused by getting pregnant which is caused by having sex which is caused by believing someone when they say something? Similarly having deformed genitals which is caused by getting an STD which is caused by having sex which is caused by believing someone when they say something? I guess you can tell what my mind is fixated on....

• Like 1

• New Members

Oh thanks everyone! I suppose I don't get much of the humor either. There are many, many more in different styles. There was another I was curious about, but I couldn't get a pic of it. Does anyone know what brand or w/eva they are, so I can try to find out more info on them? They look quite different to normal shirts, but I don't want to buy if I don't understand ahaha!!