Chinese-Forums

External iPod/iPhone Battery

insighter

I'm preparing to embark on one of those 24 hour + endurance train rides across China (they temporarily shut down the fast train, what's with that?) and I'm looking for an external battery pack to charge an iPod with. Trains seem to lack wall sockets so it would be a useful to keep the boredom at bay. No time to buy one on Taobao, so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with what this device is called locally. I've seen these things on Amazon, but if I knew the Chinese term it could save me some time wandering around the markets.

Thanks in advance

Trains do indeed have wall sockets, but if memory serves me correctly, they can only be found in the soft-sleeper cars. Luckily they are not in the soft-sleeper berths themselves, but rather on the wall of the aisle so if your ticket is for another part of the train, you can just walk down to the soft sleepers and hang around in the aisle while your device charges. I've used them on multiple occasions.