Chinese-Forums

Why Do You Learn Chinese?(ple help me with the survey)

jjlu001

Hi~!

I have always been attracted by Asian culture... started to learn Japanese then stoped when I discovered Chinese tv series and music. Met with a Beijing girl on the net, came to China and married her...but back in france to study.

I love learning Chinese and couldn't live without it. Speaking Chinese make me excited since few foreigners can master it! And my dream is to one day be able to speak as fluent as a Chinese person.

I also love to make friends with Chinese people which are the most friendly people in the world. I also enjoy impressing them with my Chinese skills :wink:

I am a 21 years old french guy, majoring in International Trade in france and having a practice in Beijing in an American company for 5 months... I learn Chinese on my own and with the help of my wife which is now learning french. Speak a quite fair english, possess some basis of Japanese and learned Spanish for 6 years at school but I am just able to say "hola!"...

I have been living in Paris suburb all my life and my whole life changed when I discovered Chinese people and their culture. My aim in life is now to live happily in China and meeting much people as possible.

Hope this will help you.

going back some fifty-odd years, I was good at it! read the paper, acted as interpreter etc. filled in people's wedding certificates for them. they were elaborate scrolls with colorful phoenixes and such all over them. that's shanghai china I'm talking about.

now in sydney australia, trying to take it up again. it is however an effort but a lot of fun. the attraction, the purpose? none. no one else can do it, it is very difficult. have tried to find out about informal conversational get-togethers, no result so far. other languages, there are clubs, the alliance francaise, the goethe institute. mandarin is a lonesome pursuit. if I didn't have a vague recollection, I wouldn't even be attempting it now.

some more or less elementary audio on the net, even that might help!

I first wanted to learn Mandarin so I could understand my Jet Li movies without having to read the subtitles, plus some of the subtitles are wrong and I want to know what they are really saying. But then I became seriously interested in the Chinese culture/country/people and want to learn everything I can about it, including the language. I'm in the process of locating a school/teacher, which is not easy in Florida.

My general background is I'm an over 40 white female who knows it will be very difficult and who hopes to use what I learn, possibly employment-wise, either in the US or in China, in the future.