Chinese-Forums

Chinese Music Review Site

ouyangjun

I'm looking for a good Chinese music site, not for downloading, but a site that regularly reviews albums, musicians, etc. (and all in Chinese). I'm looking to use it for two reasons, 1). to help me find Chinese music that I like, and 2). reading practice.

I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the mainstream Chinese music (sappy love songs), if anyone is familiar with the music site, pitchfork media.com, this is more up my alley in regards to sites I'm looking for, but in Chinese.

Some of the musicians that have been heavy on my playlist lately: 赵光, 万晓利,刘东明。。。

Thanks!

Over a decade ago I used to lament the lack of variety in Chinese pop music. Only Jay Chou and Stefanie Sun (and later David Tao) brought what seemed to me like a breath of fresh air to the scene - not that I was ever really into Chinese music before them. I wonder if all that much has changed in the intervening time. The stuff played on the local pop station is still pretty one-note, stylistically; ballads and the occasional bit of rap. I like some ballads but there're just too many of them.

Like the OP I'd also appreciate a blog for the Chinese equivalent of alt-rock, indie, electronic, jazzanova, etc. (I've had a passing exposure to one or two indie bands from Taiwan (Sodagreen) but their music didn't appeal to me.) Suggestions are welcome.

you should check out douban, most chinese bands have a page there and a lot of them upload some songs up there you can listen to. and there is about every music style you want.

@langxia, I agree with you about douban, it's a good site, but not exactly what I'm looking for. I use douban.fm to listen to discover a lot of new music. Another good one is xiami.

As for the website, still looking for something that is more focused on reviewing albums (with a set of writers who review the albums and write an article) and news articles about events or upcoming releases. The following is the closest site I've found to what I'm looking for so far, http://edge.neocha.com/zh, but I've only just begun my search last night.

Cheers