Chinese-Forums

China Daily App Changes

weregoingunion

Well, my iPad was still at version 4.3.3 for ages until I finally decided to upgrade (and jailbreak) to 5.1.1.

I started everything clean, so I had to re-download the China Daily app. (They have like 4 different version available, by the way, which makes things very confusing.) But the one I like to use is the China Daily "iPaper" This allows you to download the entire paper in a pdf format and the entire page shows up just like it does in the print edition. It also allows you to zoom in and out.

Before, you could have it automatically deliver new papers daily and when you input this it would say something like "You have 999,999 issues remaining." BUT, everything was FREE!

Now, the latest version of the app is asking me to "Authorize" my account before I can download any papers. I *DID* register an account at one point before the iPad came out so that I could download the PDF's on the web. (It was a real pain in the butt because you had to download each page individually.) That address was: http://sso.chinadaily.com.cn/login/?service=http://sso.chinadaily.com.cn/user_2009/login_h.jsp

Now it does nothing when I put in my credentials. I can click the other button to create a new account, but everytime I try to create a new account it fails saying "this email is already associated with an account. I tried 2 other emails that I had never used before (besides the original one.) So I can't create an account.

I go back into the China Daily iPaper app and try to login using the credentials of my old account (and I KNOW the info is correct) and it says "incorrect username or password." I tried inputting the credentials of the two new accounts I tried to create but failed. Neither of those allow me to login.

So how to I get my old free papers? Is that over? Does anyone even know what I'm talking about?

Does anyone have an old .ipa they could send me of a version like a I described before (free without requiring credentials?) I would be forever grateful.