Chinese-Forums

Senders address on envelope?

pprendeville

When sending a letter in China by post, is it customary to put a senders address somewhere on the envelope just in case it gets delivered to wrong address or gets misplaced. Back home, we usually put it in he top left corner of the front of the envelope. Acts as a kind o precaution so the letter will be returned to you if said above happens.

If you are asking if they are doing the same in china then i would say yes. at least when i post packages they make me write down my home adress on the upper left side. So I GUESS that you should also do it for letters.

Yes. It's normal. Although the sender's address is usually at the bottom right. Envelopes bought in China already have marked spaces for the two addresses.

Or you can put the sender's address on the back.

Just realised that this was on bottom RHS of envelope. 邮政编码. Translates as British Postcode in Pleco's PLC dictionary. Put my senders address there anyway. Cheers.