Chinese-Forums

Diploma problems... any advice?

Kike

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this certain problem.

Along with the regular notices in Tsinghua University's info package, there was also a notice saying that they need to have a copy of my bachelor diploma for my registration at Tsinghua, but the problem is is that I don't have a diploma yet.

As far as I know I've graduated, and otherwise I'll graduate sometime within the next month/beginning August for my bachelor in the Netherlands, but my current university doesn't issue diploma's until October. Really fustrating.

The only thing I can offer Tsinghua is an official (stamped) gradelist stating that I have met all the requirements for the bachelor program, listing all the ects, grades etc. Would that be ok instead?

I'm going to email Tsinghua right after I post this, but I was just wondering if there are others which have experienced problems like this before. It just adds to the stress knowing that they need me to arrive with my diploma, knowing there is probably no way I can get one until my university issues them in October.

Thanks!

-Kirsten

Yes, please post some information for which Tsinghua program you are applying. Based on that there will be people here who can offer advice. If it is just a language program, no need to worry, as long as you pay, anyone gets in.

Hey guys,

I might of been stressing a little too soon. Tsinghua emailed me that it would be ok if I show them an official gradelist with a statement saying I've graduated, instead of bringing my actual diploma. They even said it would be ok if I brought my diploma later. So for those who might be stressing about this in this future: just contact Tsinghua and explain the situation ;).

BTW, I'm not a language student. I'll be doing a master in International Relations.

Thanks for your replies!

• Like 2