Chinese-Forums

Big Deposit

abcdefg

This one is unlike the high profile scams we hear more about because it isn't aimed at foreign tourists. It targets local men, and the bait is very attractive: sex and money have lured people to do foolish things for centuries and centuries. This particular scam combines those two lures into one neat package, and makes the urge to become a sucker very strong.

The venerable Beijing Tea House Scam and the Art Student Scam are not as enterprising or convoluted as this scam seems to be. I don't recall ever hearing about a variant of it in the Western world, though it certainly could exist without my knowledge.

In Kunming, people slap up these flyers quickly and on the sly, then hastily move on. When the cleaning crew see them, they scrape them down. I've also seen bus stop security guys trying to remove them.

Some enterprising investigative reporters should team up with undercover police forming some sting operations to catch these crooks. Then put it on the evening news for the benefit of others. Of course, that might have already been done.

In many cases, you wouldn't even meet the woman before you're swindled out of money.In many cases, you wouldn't even meet the woman before you're swindled out of money.

What woman? There is no woman.

• New Members

I'm sure lots of people believe a good looking wife of a rich guy wants to give you a redunkulously large deposit of money so you can make love to her constantly, more payment upon conception. Advertised publicly, because finding somebody who would want such a thing is so tricky. And believable.

Whoa. Could I do the same thing? Guy, no lady to have my baby. I'll pay you money... sounds like a different kind of business then, hm.

Found another one yesterday afternoon. Different bus stop. Slightly different story. Pretty girl from Fuzhou City, Fujian Province marries a rich Hong Kong merchant only to later discover he cannot father children. So now she needs your intimate help and will pay handsomely for it. Discretion guaranteed.

post-20301-0-75763200-1342409785_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...