Chinese-Forums

"Best regards" in Mandarin?

zhouhana

Hey guys,

In another thread someone asked how to end a business letter in Mandarin and found out that it depends on the situation.

What I'd like is a good all-round, gender neutral (for the receiver) phrase to use in my e-mail signature when I send letters to colleagues or clients. I don't want to have to change the phrase depending on whom I e-mail. Like a "best regards" in English. What phrase would you choose?

I've tried to look up some examples and found out that 此致敬礼 as well as combinations of the words below are common (although I'm not sure if all are suitable for my situation, and I'm not sure if they can be used as a standalone phrase, either):

(我)(的)最好(的)……

(我)(的)最真诚(的)……

(我)(的)最美好(的)……

(我)(的)最诚挚(的)……

(我)(的)美好(的)……

(我)(的)真诚(的)……

(我)(的)衷心(的)……

致以亲切(的)……

致以最诚挚(的)……

……祝愿

……祝福

……问候

Which of them sounds better? Let me know if you have other suggestions.

These are some I often receive and use:

祝你一切都好

祝你天天开心

祝你身体健康

These are stand-alone phrases and I just write my Chinese name below. These, however, are not true business letters, and might be too informal for your needs.

Doubtless, some native speakers will give you more reliable answers very soon.

Thanks! 祝好 sounds good to me, but I've read it's considered informal. If I would contact a Chinese person (colleague, client, or other) for the first time and they saw 祝好 in my signature, do you think it would look bad or weird to them?

I think 祝好 is translated from 'Best wishes' , and also used as 'Best wishes'. But beteen Chinese, I seldom see this word in letters. I think it is similar to saying 早 to each other if they work in foreign-invested enterprise. 早 is translated from 'morning'. Normally Chinese would say 早上好 or 早安 in the morning, 早 sounds weird out of the foreign-invested enterprise.

• 3 months later...