Chinese-Forums

Cheap Disinfectants Equivalent to Dettol

pprendeville

Just wondering are there any cheap alternatives to the 58rmb dettol I got in Carrefour that have a strong smell. Not too concerned as to the disinfecting abilities. I just want them to be pungent enough to get rid of the smell in the latrine where I'm staying.

I tend to buy the Walch (威莱士) brand. Not sure how it compares on price to Dettol, but it does the job.

If you only want to cover the smell, a cheaper alternative may be to use bleach instead of disinfectant. Bleach (漂白水) is usually sold alongside soap powders etc and is dirt cheap.

• Like 1

There's also a 蓝月亮 brand that might be bit cheaper, probably also available at Carrefour. But that stuff is more appropriate for musty clothes. Big bottles of imported bleach are available at Metro (麦德龙). Can't remember how much, maybe Y40. (You'll need to apply for a m'ship card, but it's free.) There are also cheaper Chinese bathroom disinfectants in what look like toilet cleaner bottles. Happy cleaning!