Chinese-Forums

using goagent to circumvent the Great Firewall but unsuccessful

Kenny同志

I was following instructions on this page. It all went quite well until the last step because I wasn’t sure whether I should use the address (地址) and port (端口) used by the author (see picture 003). Anyway, I entered the address and port but the proxy didn’t seem to be working.

Anybody using goagent here? I‘d appreciate it if you could help me fix this problem.

post-32043-0-06485800-1343122596_thumb.png

post-32043-0-69656100-1343122613_thumb.png

post-32043-0-70210700-1343122627_thumb.png

I am not using goagent, however I think this address and port are the same for every user (127.0.0.1 means "my computer", I assume 8087 is the number of the port that goagent.exe uses.)

Did you launch goagent.exe? I think it is probably required to launch it every time you want to use the proxy. Otherwise, nobody will respond to the browser's queries when it tries to open the proxy at 127.0.0.1:8087. You need a program to be listening on that port. According to the explanations on the page you linked, that's probably goagent.exe.

It could perhaps also be a firewall settings issue (the local firewall on your computer).

• Like 2