Chinese-Forums

Quitting job but staying in China to study Chinese

notia200

• New Members

Hey Guys

Would really appreciate some advice on this,

I am working at an English school in China and also studying Chinese at a University at the same time,.the schedule is hectic and now that I have enough money saved up from teaching English I want to quit and just focus on studying Chinese for perhaps 4 months.

The obvious thing for me to do would be to switch from a work visa to a study visa right? But its already too late for me to get the paperwork from my University to switch to a study visa as the deadline for University applications have closed (I can enroll in University however as I am on a work visa and the deadline is just needed to get the paperwork for a study visa in order for those coming from outside China)

Plus I'm not sure how easy switching work and study visas is without leaving China perhaps someone could answer that question for me,

So my question is what are my options? I am on good terms with my company so I will leave on good terms and when I leave I will give them one month notice and not break the contract. I've heard a lot about Residence permits being cancelled and not being cancelled if they don't cancel my residence permit this is be no problem but if they do and assuming I can't switch to a study visa, can I extend the 30 day tourist visa and then get a 3 month tourist visa? Suggestions on my options would be most appreciated,

Cheers,