Chinese-Forums

Taiwan Drama: Mars 戰神 zhan4shen2

bluepoppy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I liked it. In fact I've spent the last week short on sleep, watching Mars and then Meteor Garden. The only reason I ended up watching Meteor Garden was because I got hooked on Mars and the people at Blockbuster told me to watch Meteor Garden after I finished.

I like Meteor Garden better.

The question is what's next? After I catch up on some sleep, should I watch Meteor Garden 2? I've heard it's disappointing. What do you guys think?

• 1 month later...

MARS was one of the best Chinese TV series I've watched in years. It is a quite faithful adaptation of a Japanese manga. The acting is good, the cinematography is great, the music is superb, and the storyline interesting. It is not the normal boy meets girl, breakup and make up type love story. However the viewers will be moved by the relationships between Vic Chou and Barbie Hsu's characters and their friendship with their best friends. It also passes a positive message so that I kind of feel that no matter what happens, tomorrow will be a better day.

For me, it was way better than Meteor Garden, maybe it's an age thing, because I thought MG was quite juvenile.

I bought the DVDs as well as the VCD version. The DVD quality ( picture, sound and chinese subtitles) is way way better than the VCD.

Thanks Quest. I haven't watched Outsiders yet, I'll give it a try.

Since finishing Meteor Garden, I've watched MG2, Scent of Love, Love Storm, Chinese Paladin and Love Contract.

I really liked Scent of Love.

Also, I'd agree, MG is juvenile in comparison to Mars. Plus, Da S and Zai Zai act much better in Mars. But after seeing poor Qi Luo in Mars, it was a relief to see Shan Cai sticking up for herself and insulting F4 from the rooftop in MG. I like a good laugh and I thought Meteor Garden was pretty funny.