Chinese-Forums

International Buddies from Tsinghua University

antanthea

Hi everyone,

I will be an exchange student at Tsinghua University. I filled out a request for an international buddy a while ago and was told that I will receive an email from my buddy before early August.

I still havn't received an email yet.

Does anybody know anything about the buddy program? Is it normal to not receive an email yet?

Thank you!

Anthea

Hey!

I think it all depends on when your buddy sends an e-mail to you. Nobody informed me who my buddy is going to be, but last month out of the blue a guy from the uni sends me a mail that he will be my buddy for this fall.

Oh yeah, I will start with my master at the Tsinghua uni this fall.

@hugecookie,

Thank you for your reply.

I will be studying master of architecture at tsinghua for a semester starting from September.

Can I ask for a favor and ask for the contact details of your buddy office? Do they have an office at uni that deals with it? Because I believe I should be receiving an email from my buddy by now.

Thank you so much for your help

Anthea

Hey!

The office that arranged the buddy was my office of International Relations. I assume you have to contact your office again to inquire more information about it.

So far I know there is no office for buddies, but perhaps the graduate department can be of help for you. You can contact them through this e-mail : grad@tsinghua.edu.cn.

You can also call them through: Tel:+86 10 62788503/62788197.

Hope this helps!

Richard

• 2 weeks later...