Chinese-Forums

Flatshare in Harbin - looking for a flatmate

ktwalker17

I am choosing an apartment for rent, Harbin, having 4 options at the moment. All apartments are clean, have 2 bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom, include furniture, internet, etc. Location: 5-10 minutes walk from Harbin Institute of Technology( close to Xidazhi street). Price is 1600-2000 per month, which makes 800-1000 per person. Looking for an English-speaking flatmate starting from September(the end of August would be ok too) till February(or next summer if you are planning to stay here for a year). Contact me at ktwalker17@gmail.com or by skype balinese_cat

Katherine.

Great) Just please hurry up with your decidion, the agency is pushing on me and I have to give them some exact answer tomorrow evening. Btw, there's one more option I've got yesterday - http://polusharie.com/index.php?topic=22149.500 and I know you don't understand a single word but you can look at the pics of the aptm(posted on July the 28th) - this flat is 2000 per month(it makes 1000 per person) haven't been there yet, but the owner says it's 10 min walk from HIT. The aptm for 1800(makes 900 RMB per person) looks cool too, includes well equipped kitchen etc, I really like it, just a bit hesitate cause I'm not sure if I can find a flatmate and it makes no sence to rent it alone. I can pay the whole rent and wait till you arrive and зay me your share of course.

Anyway, think about it, I've sent 3 years in HIT's dorms and nothing will make me live there again)))

Just to avoid any kind of surprises - I have a very friendly, clean and lovely cat. It is absolutely safe, just maybe a bit too friendly)

Maybe you can try the BBS of HIT(www.lilacbbs.com), there's a House board there, but all in Chinese.

I remember that the A13 Dorm in HIT is much better than those where Chinese students live. Why will you never live there again?

That can be an option, thanks! Though, I have already almost chosen the apartment using 58.com and my agency's help, but it might be useful for me in future!

Well, I lived in 13th Dorm and in Dorm 6(for Master and PhD students). They are REALLY cold! I don't like to sleep wearing gloves, winter hat and two sets of sweaters. There's no air condition in rooms, so it's very cold in winter and very hot in summer. And there are always neighbours - even if there's nobody on your flour - there is always a party upstairs or downstairs and it hapens every day and it's pretty hard to study like that. You have to be back to the Dorm by 12 or find another place to sleep. They don't let in anyone who is not HIT student - they did not let in my Mom when she arrived to China to take a look at how I live here! And you pay ridiculously much for electricity - it was around 200 for our two small rooms block - now I pay around 50 for my two rooms apartment with the kitchen, bathroom etc. And, speaking about electricity - they don't let you keep anything except for your laptop - no heater, no microwave oven, nothing! Well, we kept all the stuff of course))) But it is still forbidden so if they come to your room and find it - they can take it away. Btw, they may come to your room - anytime! Usually, when you have classes. I don't feel comfortable knowing that absolutely unknown people have keys from my room and may come whenever they want. And prices - yes! Dorm room(like Dorm 13, 6) is 600 RMB per person, there are two in each room, right? And they still share bathroom with another room's students. Why pay 600 for a half of small room and one quarter of bathroom, when 2 bedroom apartment starts from 1500? really cool one will be 1800-2000. If you rent it with your friend it will be 900-1000 per person. So you add just 300RMB and get a cool aptm with the kitchen, bathroom, furniture etc - instead of small Dorm room which is not even completely yours. Doesn't it make sence?

And yes, I have been to Chinese dorms, I know they're worse) I could write more about Dorms minuses, but, well, should admit it was fun sometimes. There are good things to remember from my 3-year experience, good friends, well, lots of stuff. It's just that now I have to finish my research(meaning study super-hard for one more year), so I want a bit privacy and normal life conditions.

• Like 2

Sorry... I have graduated from HIT for years and I have no idea that the Dorms become so unbearable now. Pay attention to the agency, especially to the price, because I think 1500-1700 for an apartment around HIT would be reasonable according to the information in the House board of lilacbbs, unless the apartment is much better than others nearby.

Not unbearable...just if it takes you adding 200-300 RMB more to have a flat of your own, it makes sence to add this money) I lived in HIT Dorm 6 for three years and those were happy years) Just someday you realize you're too old for that things and want more comfort)))

Thank you so much for your care! Yes, I know, not all the agencys are good, but this one is recommended by my friends, they worked with quite a lot of HIT foreign students, they are really professional and very friendly, have spared a lot of time for me and try their very best to find an apartment I'll really like. I will recommend this agency for every foreigner who wants to rent an apartment near HIT. Their prices are 1500-3000 and more for a two bedroom flats, got lot of options between 1600 and 2000 for a good one and around 1400 for a shabby one. Sounds reasonable) We try to be attentive to such details(besides I'm very far from rich :-)) so finding honest and friendly professionals is always great. Anyway, thanks)

You are welcome. If very few people in HIT see the information here, maybe you can print some posters and post them up on the boards, which are on the streets of campus or in the teaching buildings.

Thought about this) Looks like I've got a flatmate already, but posters are a good idea for possible future rents) I know, lots of people do it and there are some info boards in the Dorms, so that is quite a good way if you're looking for or advertising smth, thanks!