Chinese-Forums

Guideline for beginners and Muslim students at Hebei University

effeeali

I want to start this thread to know about the life of Muslim students at Hebei University.

I just went through another thread in which someone written a guideline for students at renmin university. Can someone share a guideline for Hebei university also?

If there someone in this forum who is studying in Hebei university, please share about the Mosques, Hilal food shops, and other important tips for Muslim students.

unfortunately, I don't know much about Hebei. But I believe it will not be TOO hard to find Halal food in big Chinese cities.

There are a sizable Muslim minority groups in China, i.e. Hui and Uyghor, many of whom operate halal restaurants (or as close to halal as you will get).

It will be easy to spot a Uyghor restaurant, as the Uyghor dress differently and look Turkic rather than Chinese. Also, many restaurants will have a small sign in Arabic on top of the restaurant's door (it will either be the "bismillah", or say "Muslim Food"), or it will have a picture of Mecca hanging on the wall.

One tip that I have is if an item says "meat" without specifying what animal it came from, then it is probably pork (meat is a general term that refers to pork in China).

I hope you enjoy your time in China, and good luck