Chinese-Forums

How to write a wish on a Chinese painting

Wpgtester

• New Members

Hi there,

I have painted a water color painting for a close aunt's 60 birthday and would like to write something chinese to give it a personalized touch. In the past I remember writing "name of friend 清鍳" at the top right corner and then on the bottom left I wrote "my name 謹贈". Is this even right or acceptable?". I assume I can actually write a bit more on the birthday painting because of the occasion....however, what and how? Any input is greatly appreciated.

• New Members

Thanks for the replies. When I was learning painting, I never did learn the formalities. So how does one address the painting to someone? I wrote "name of friend 清鍳" last time on a painting for a friend. Does that apply to this case? I think I may be missing a few words before writing the recommended wishes. My Chinese isn't all that good so I don't even know how to do a search for this topic on the net. Thanks again!

For someone's 60 birthday you can probably try 恭祝(姓名)姨母/姑母六十寿辰 followed by 侄子/侄女/甥/甥女(your name)敬赠 if you want it to be formal. Or you can simply write 祝(姓名)姨妈/姑妈生日快乐 then (your name)赠 as a more casual alternative.

• Like 2