Chinese-Forums

Need Help - UK Citizen

BenGodward

Hello,

Briefly introducing the situation, i took part in an internship for a private english training school, i did this on a F type visa, and stayed in Haining, Zhejiang for 5 months, came back to the UK for a month, then went back out to Haining for 4 months.

I'm now looking on going back out to China, but visa seems like it might be a problem. As i have no University degree/diploma, i am staying at 3 months at a time + 1 month extensions applied for out in China. The last time getting the extension was a little more difficult than before, and attempting to get another i feel will be a problem.

I am looking to do some teaching again, another internship/internship extension in a sense, around the same sort of area but for another company.

If anybody knows if there are any other visa's i could get, any quick qualification or things i can do in order to get a better visa, or any way around the problem or something to work at to solve it could you please point me in the right direction, thanks.

Have you considered staying in your home country and becoming truly qualified to teach? Then you could return to China with an appropriate degree and teach while holding an appropriate visa. From what I've read, now is not the time to be trying to cut legal corners here. The official atmosphere has become much less lenient.

Basically, what you are asking for help to do is illegal under Chinese law. For many years they (usually) ignored this law, but recently, as "abcdefg" said, they have become much less lenient.

They don't want unqualified teachers. Why should they? And they don't want people working on visas which do not allow them to work. Makes sense to me.

• Like 1

I think you will find i'm not being employed or working as such, it's classified as an internship, and internships are listed under the F Type visa i was on before as i wasn't getting paid.

I'm merely asking if there is anyway to continue this internship, as last time when it came to extending my visa it was more difficult than usual.

i'm not being employed or working as such

So you were teaching but not working? What does that mean? And doing this not working but teaching for free? Not working but teaching for a private school for free? Hilarious.

To teach legally in China you are required to have a degree, a teaching qualification and some experience. Same as in the UK. End of story. With good reason.

Calling it an internship makes no difference and is just an obvious, but doomed attempt to circumvent the laws. Which they ain't putting up with so much any more.

To teach properly is not just a matter of being able to speak the language, but to understand how it works and how to explain it to students.

I am looking to do some teaching again, another internship/internship extension in a sense, around the same sort of area but for another company.

Does your new employer have any suggestions?

I can see where some of liuzhou's frustration comes from in that it seems inappropriate for people to resent having to follow the visa laws of the country they're visiting. But than again the same thing happens in other countries all across the world: visa rules are normally tougher than their implementation, blind eyes are turned etc etc. I don't think it's China-specific.