Chinese-Forums

Oral HSK exam 3/4: answering the 4 open questions

milin

In december I'm going to try level B (=3/4) of the oral HSK exam. I've read and tried the mock exam you can download from the Hanban site, but 1 thing isn't clear to me.

The exam starts with repeating 10 sentences that are read to you.

If I'm correct, then you get 10 minutes preparation time for the 4 open questions (2 pictures and 2 real questions).

But I understand correctly you have 2 minutes to answer each of those questions. Is it indicated when the 2 minutes of 1 question are over, and you move on to the next one, or could you just as well spend 3 minutes on question 11, then 1 minute on question 12, then 3,5 minutes on question 13 and the remaining time on the last one?

Thanks,

Henk Dalmolen

@milin: I don't think you can exceed 2min when actually saying your answer to each question. However you can use the preparation time as you wish. At least that's my understanding (I've not taken the test myself).

You can read blandmc's test report for 1st hand experience.

Also, the sample test booklet available on chinesetesting.cn has the following transcript:

好,现在开始准备第 11 到14 题,可以在试卷上写提纲,准备时间为10 分

钟。(准备时间结束前1 分钟时,有提示音)

好,现在开始第 11 题。(2 分钟结束前10 秒时,有提示音

好,现在开始第 12 题。(2 分钟,结束前10 秒时,有提示音)

好,现在开始第 13 题。(2 分钟,结束前10 秒时,有提示音)

好,现在开始第 14 题。(2 分钟,结束前10 秒时,有提示音)

First you get 10 minutes to prepare as you wish.

Then there are 4 sections of 2 minutes each for your answers.

A sound will be played to warn you 10s before the end of each 2 minute section.

• Like 1

Thanks Edelweis,

I had already read blandmc's test report, but he/she doesn't clearly indicate whether you get a signal when the 2 minutes are (almost) finished. But the part from the booklet is very clear (I thought I had also read that one myself, but apparently I didn't. Thanks very much.

Henk Dalmolen