Chinese-Forums

Chinese protest banners

count_zero

They are not funny at all (especially the first one). I hope they do not truly reflect what these people think. They are no different from other invaders if those are what they think. Why would anyone sane think about raping/killing other people and beating women, and make such slogans? This is very low.

• Like 3

"I hope they do not truly reflect what these people think."

@Skylee, Then why are they carrying them? And why are they attending these demonstrations? Clue in a bit. It does reflect what they think.

And yes, it is very low.

Update: Just saw the moon cake photo. That's pretty fucking sad!

I think the most reprehensible is the fifth one.

哪怕喝遍地沟油,也要挥刀斩倭寇

My Chinese is pretty crappy, doesn't this mean: "why be afraid of eating recycled sewer oil, we need to wave our swords to cut down Japanese pirates". Or to put it another way "Don't care about any of the real, important social problems in China - use your energy to hate Japan".

Bad things often catch our eyes more quickly but that doesn’t mean they represent the whole picture.

To be honest, I don’t see anything meaningful in posting the pictures selectively and I don’t think it’s fair. If I wish, I can post a lot more banners that are civil.

Edit: BTW, I can find horrrible anti-Chinese banners carried by Japanese as well.

• Like 2

The fact that other people do something does not mean that you / we have to do that as well. If you retaliate you lower yourself to the same level of the behaviours you disapprove of.

I would be interested in seeing those horrrible anti-Chinese banners carried by Japanese as well. But too bad this is a Chinese-forums.

Words are deeds.

Which reminds me of one thing. I was having breakfast in a hotel in Shanghai. It was a "boutique" hotel and the breakfast area was really small so you got to hear everything. A customer finished his breakfast and left, and before he turned the corner the servers talked about him calling him 小日本. I was very upset by such behaviour (they could call him 日本人 but why 小日本, and they were not at all concerned that he could understand Chinese) and I wondered how they called me (probably 港燦). It was so disrespectful. I thought about complaining but did not do it (wouldn't want them to lose their jobs, not that I was confident the hotel management would take complaints seriously). This happened a few years ago.

• Like 1

It's 回, the structure is 滚回去

Why do you even bother posting these, count_zero? With this level of Chinese you, of course, don't understand anything that's 'on the other side of the barricades'. No wonder you just keep spewing the usual CNN bullshit about the Evil Red China. You don't know anything, stop making a fool of yourself.

• Like 1