Chinese-Forums

How to deal with overprotective guys who interrupt conversation?

newforeigner

it seems like the people here who never saw this guy is seeing him as a creep.

Maybe. Maybe not.

It is worth noting however, that of the three threads he has started, two have been about his (failed) attempts to "talk" to young girls, at least some of whom have been students in the college where he works. The other was about his bowel movements.

I have worked in the Chinese education system for near on 20 years and have never heard of a foreign teacher being "cockblocked" in this way. Or prevented from talking to students in any other way. Something is clearly amiss.

If people who don't know him are a bit suspicious, it is highly likely that those who have seen him are more so. It is even possible that the school authorities have told the male students to be protective.

• Like 1

two have been about his (failed) attempts to "talk" to young girls, at least some of whom have been students in the college where he works.

His attempt is to "talk" to girls, but his goal is to get numbers. why would a worker at school get girls numbers? If he went around and got both guys and girls numbers, its a different story.

I have worked in the Chinese education system for near on 20 years and have never heard of a foreign teacher being "cockblocked" in this way. Or prevented from talking to students in any other way. Something is clearly amiss.

i think talking to students is fine, but not getting their numbers. its a whole new door opened when a guy gets a girls number. coming from me, if i met a girl and i'm not interested in anything further, I would mostly just not get their number, and if i see her a few more times unexpectedly, then i might ask her for her phone number as a friend.

this guy is clearly aiming to get "freshers" phone numbers right on the spot. i mean, at least do it somewhere else where his job is not in jeopardy, im sure theres tons of young girls in china.

You guys are misunderstanding the situation.

I talk to male students and get their numbers as well. As I don't get interrupted talking with them, I did not post.

Another thing is caused by my misunderstand of these guys. For example, I talked with staff (female women over 50 years old) today. One of those guys also came to interrupt the conversation. Later, I was talking with an old male professor. Again, he came to interrupt. It seems that it is just a cultural issue or they are too young to know about manner.

I can say that I am the safest guy in this world. Even I am with one of these girls in a private room, I will not do anything to harm her.

Trying to know the girls by making friends with the guys is creepy. I don't want to use my male friends that way.

If I sleep with different girls or keep asking girls for a date after lots of rejections, it is not good. Those guys can come to interrupt. There is nothing wrong to just talk with them.

I am very disappointed by the way some of you are perceiving me. Perhaps some of you are the ones with a dirty mind?

Trying to know the girls by making friends with the guys is creepy. I don't want to use my male friends that way.

still better than going straight to a girl, ignoring the guy, and working there at the school. do that somewhere else. your world of meeting girls is not only at your workplace, unless you dont have a life.

I am very disappointed by the way some of you are perceiving me. Perhaps some of you are the ones with a dirty mind?

I dont think getting a girl's phone number and "getting the ball rolling" on your previous post is a right thing to do as a person who works at the same school that they attend. there are girls everywhere.

if you asked this question about getting a girls number in public, its another story. seriously, if some dude is trying to cock block you, then be blunt and ask him what is he doing.

• Like 1