Chinese-Forums

Apple Thunderbolt Display in China?

PFDuke

• New Members

Taking a look at Apple's China website, I can see that the LED Cinema Display is listed, but the new Thunderbolt display released this summer is not listed. I haven't checked the Apple store myself yet here in Beijing, but I'm wondering if anyone has found a Thunderbolt display in China...

I wonder why it is not listed on the Apple Store website... They have had thunderbolt-enabled laptops available here for months now.

Thanks for any info!

Hey, they don't sell them in the Apple Store, but you can get new ones from Taobao for about 7500-8000. I bought mine 2 months ago. I basically got in touch with the seller on Taobao, asked him where his physical store was and went to pick it up myself. It was sealed and in the original packaging, and I don't have any complaints. They buy them from Hong Kong and sell them here.

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

Good suggestion. But I assume that kind of purchase is not covered by the Apple warranty. Are you in Beijing? I can imagine if you went and talked to the seller in 中关村 that might be pretty reliable. I'm thinking I'll wait until a trip to Hong Kong in the next few months and buy one myself there and bring it back. In the meantime I'll hope they become officially available from Apple here in the mainland.