Chinese-Forums

Google Play in Chinese Android phones (Meizu MX)

Scandinavian

Does anyone know if the Meizu MX (dual or quad core editions) is available anywhere WITH Google Play store? The ones on display in Mainland China all are limited to the Meizu app store which is no good. E.g. if I buy it in Hong Kong will it have Google Play.

I am aware there are custom roms and a vanilla version of Ice Cream Sandwich, but as this would be for my wife, I would prefer it to work out of the box.

Thanks for the answer

Will it only work via wifi because of the software on the phone or because connections through the mobile networks do not allow this?

Will it work if the phone has e.g. a european sim card and is on a european mobile network?

Today I do use a european sim card and vpn to gain full access to the Play Store, but that is also with a phone bought in europe.

Ok, strange. My european android phone (Galaxy S) does work with the play! Store on China Mobile, albeit a restricted selection available.

There might be others differences too. My phone generally has no problems with Chinese characters, but sending text messages, the chinese characters become garbled.

Google IME, I have that. However the phone is not capable of sending messages with Chinese characters. When sending, the message looks fine, but the receiver will see garbled text. This could be sending to people e.g. with a good old Nokia feature phone that can read SMSs in Chinese from other sources.

Installed Handcent SMS, it seems to be able to send/receive Chinese characters correctly. Then I just need to learn Chinese :)

So, back to asking if anyone has actual experience with Google Play! on Meizu MX, for use both in China with Chinese carriers and in Europe wit European Carriers (maybe include US as well)