Chinese-Forums

Can you help with this painting?

CelerLetum

• New Members

A co-worker of mine has a painting and is trying to find out what it is and if it's worth anything. She said she "found it in a field"... I told her I'd give it a look and see what I could come up with.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/spic.png/

My current guess is that it's a Chinese water painting of the Himalayan Mountains... Though to be honest I really don't know. If you have any idea as to what this painting says or what it is of please lend me your thoughts :D.

I am no expert, but they look fairly amaturish to me. I am not surprised it was found in a field. This is only my opinion.

i don't think you could pin it down to being anywhere in particular.

You would probably have to take the time to translate the characters but as these are in a very hard to recognize style, it would need some one with experience to translate. It may take some time though.

It can not be Himalayan. The characters shoud be read from right to left, such as 瀑飞谷幽 meaning 幽谷飞瀑. The other characters should mean when and who paited this, but I can not recognize them all. I can't tell whether it's a fake or not either.

pretend you are ignorant to the meaning

People will bid on it thinking you don't know what you have.

er, the OP is ignorant as to the meaning and doesn't know what he has.

That is why he is asking.