Chinese-Forums

Official 2012 NEW HSK vocabulary lists

Dvd

Hanban changed the HSK word lists in late 2012, about September or so, so it is probably based on the 2010 lists unless it is in some way official- publishing a book takes time and they would have needed to have the new lists a year or so early I would think to have included them. Use the link I gave earlier in the thread to see the words that changed level, and keep a lookout for some of the giveaway words that changed to see if they are present in your book or not.

Use the link I gave earlier in the thread to see the words that changed level,

I am currently doing just that to update my vocabulary list for HSK4. I was just wondering if I read your list correctly. For example, like this:

得, 等: used to be in HSK2, are now in HSK4?

干, 棒,etc.: used to be in HSK5, are now in HSK 5?

Thank you for making and sharing these great lists!

Your'e welcome! I just tweaked the script a little;  and  didn't move, they just appear twice in the HSK lists (a different meaning from the level 2 meaning is introduced for each at level 4). My script was counting that as a 'move', but doesn't now- only a few words appear twice like this.

Just to be clear about the meaning of the rows and columns, at the top left  used to be in HSK1 but is now in HSK2, and  used to be in HSK2 but is now in HSK 1.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

They changed the 2010 wordlists at the end of 2012, so maybe they update every 2 years, or maybe they are happy with the word lists now and won't change them for a while- who knows?

I would make sure you study using the 2012 wordlists; if they do change a few months before the exam you'll have plenty of time to learn a few dozen new words.

• 1 year later...
  • New Members

Hello,

I am currently preparing for HSK 1 and would like to ask whether anyone can tell me if these lists are still current:

http://data.hskhsk.com/lists/ or http://www.hskhsk.com/word-lists.html (same lists)

Have there been any changes after 2012/13?

For some reason, I cannot find it on the official website:

http://www.chinesetest.cn/ChangeLan.do?languge=en&t=1424928776115

Thanks already!

Felipe

This is the direct link to the excel sheet on the official HSK website:

http://www.chinesetest.cn/userfiles/file/HSK/HSK-2012.xls

And this is the page on the official HSK website with all the stuff you can download:

http://www.chinesetest.cn/godownload.do

The vocabulary list link is at the bottom, with the name

新汉语水平考试(HSK)词汇(2012年修订版)

词汇 means vocabulary.

There are also sample papers on this page, look for "HSK一级"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hanban changed the HSK word lists in late 2012, about September or so, so it is probably based on the 2010 lists unless it is in some way official- publishing a book takes time and they would have needed to have the new lists a year or so early I would think to have included them. 

I haven't found any links to any official links about changes to word lists. Were there any official announcements about this change? 

As far as I can tell, the word lists from hskhsk.com are based on chinesetest.cn, which was founded by Hanban, but is an independent testing services company. Since they differ from the lists published by Hanban, how can we tell they are accurate?

Hanban has a lot of resources, why would it take them 2+ years to republish their test materials?

I contacted Hanban with my question.

我最近发现汉办发布的新汉语水平考试大纲 (ISBN号:9787100067751、9787100067744、9787100068819、9787100068871、9787100069243、9787100069274)里的词汇表与chinesetest.cn上的词汇表不完全一样。

我想问一下,哪个词汇表是权威的?

Here's their response:

你好,请以汉语考试服务网www.chinesetest.cn 上的词汇表为准,汉办网站上的我们稍后会更新。

祝好!

So basically, the lists and materials on chinesetest.cn should be considered correct.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a list of the words with collocations ?

For instance: 保养 => 保养身体,保养费

I haven't seen that- it's an interesting idea though, and a collocation list wouldn't be too hard to generate from a Chinese corpus. I wonder if a computer generated collocation output would be useful without too much hand-tweaking, let me know what you think.

Have there been any changes after 2012/13?

In case this question comes up again, the word lists (as of February 2016) still haven't changed at all since 2012.

Does anyone have a thematically ordered lists for all HSK levels? I don't mean frequency order  :) Can anyone help me?  :)

I haven't seen a thematically ordered/grouped list. I'm not quite sure how it would work or how useful it would be, but if you create one perhaps you can share it?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I was wondering if anyone has a HSK 5 list similar to this one below which includes what type of word it is (adj/noun/verb/adverb) and examples sentences.

I find the other lists arent so useful because i need to ask someone whether they are a verb or noun and how to use them.

http://ciurce.rw.chinesecio.com/sites/default/files/HSK%20%E5%9B%9B%E7%BA%A7%E8%AF%8D%E6%B1%87.pdf

• 1 year later...

Bumping this old thread...

Did anyone find or make a thematically grouped list?  I was considering making one for HSK 3.

I think the benefit of having thematically grouped vocabulary is that it makes sense to learn some words together, e.g. 春-夏-秋-冬 ; whereas in (say) the HSK 3 standard textbook words common to a theme are scattered throughout the book.  (I've also made lists for the HSK 3 textbook by chapter.)

btw @alanmd I love your graphs at http://www.hskhsk.com/graphs.html !   I find that exploring the way certain characters are common to multiple words also helps with recall and understanding.

Cheers!

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 5/7/2018 at 3:58 PM, mungouk said:

Did anyone find or make a thematically grouped list? 

Well I found this youtube playlist for HSK 4 vocabulary on Xiao Min's channel.  Split into 20 videos of about a minute each (10 is missing).

Each video is thematically organised to some extent.  Watching the videos is quite passive but I've found it a good adjunct to working with StickyStudy and memrise decks.

Xiao Min's voice is very clear and well recorded, and the pace is good. 

It looks like there are a few HSK 5 words sprinkled in there too.

She also has some other playlists for HSK 2, 3 and some videos introducing the format of HSK and HSKK tests at various levels.