Chinese-Forums

Peking Univ. Admissions

allenedgar

I cannot get the english version of the Peking Univ. (that's the same thing as Beida, right?) website to work. I am planning to do a semester of Mandarin in Beijing in Fall 2005. Does anyone know the admission requirements at Peking U (years of study, letters of recommendation, application deadlines, etc.)?

The other school I am considering is the Taipei Language Institute in Beijing. Does anyone have an opinion on deciding between these two schools? Or other recommendations?

By Fall 2005 I will have completed one year of study (thus no IUP, they require 2 years but I would love something that intense). I am looking to learn as much as possible in 6 months. I think I've ruled out BLCU. Thank you, in advance, for any information you might share.

留學北大?我好羡慕你啊!

I am envious of you going to Beida.

This will sound odd but that link hasn't ever worked. To get the info, you used to have to go to the Chinese main page, then click on '留学生' liu2xue2sheng1 then click on '留学北大' liu2xue2bei3da4. I know definitely that that used lead to different information than if you went to the English main page and clicked on 'Admissions'. The link on the Chinese page is also down for now, but that is the one you need to keep trying, not the 'admissions' link on the English page (which has never worked). Then in the Chinese section there was an option to see the info in English. I kid ye not.

P.S. don't know ur level of Chinese but this site is great for help reading sites in Chinese. http://www.popjisyo.com/