Chinese-Forums

How can I view full screen without hiding the task bar?

Kenny同志

Today when I hit the maximize button of the browser or that of the email client, foxmail, the screen, including the task bar, will be completely covered. Pressing F11 does not help. Settings in properties of the task bar are fine.

What is wrong with my computer?

According to a quick google search, the "always on top" option does not exist any more in Windows 7.

And other people have had this issue of the taskbar disappearing when a program runs in full screen mode, but apparently even more people have the reverse issue (the taskbar stays on top when they don't want it to...)

You could try the solutions described on that page, but they look more like workarounds:

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/3990-taskbar-disappears-whenever-i-maximize-any-program-2.html

Thank you Gougou and Edelweis. :) The problem has been mysteriously solved. Yes, mysteriously.

I am sorry there’s one thing I failed to mention earlier as I thought it’s irrelevant. The thing is that I couldn’t turn off the computer by clicking 關機. The problem was found next morning after I started this thread. It turned out that the computer was not really turned off the other night but was put to 休眠, though I remember clearly that I hit the 關機 button. Last night, I still couldn’t shut down the computer using the 關機 button. In despair, I pressed the power button and forcibly turned off the computer. To my surprise, when I started it this morning, everything went back to normal. The whole thing was very strange.