Chinese-Forums

Help! I need to know good websites to learn chinese!

iMeng@Meng

@Meng Lelan, while a couple of dollars is not considered a big deal for an average American, it could be for OP.

The OP asked for good websites not free websites. Nor did the OP indicate a budget. Free/low cost websites are out there but like we say "you get what you pay for".

Ok, that helps. Free websites - look at the University of Iowa website called Chinese Reading World. You can choose topics and level for free. Also italki and lang8 are free. I believe that you can try FluentU free content, at least I did a few weeks ago. Hopefully those sites can help.

• Like 1

1) Rutgers University has a free, structured course.

http://chinese.rutge...u/content_e.htm

2) zhongwenred (http://www.zhongwenred.com/) and its sister sites www.zhongwenblue.com and www.zhongwengreen.com) have a lot of sample sentences, using a single new word. These sites have been unfinished for years but there is still quite a lot of information there.

3) The University of Iowa website mentioned by Meng Lelan is good but I don't think it's really a suitable self-teaching course, at least not as an introductory course. It's good for reading practice though, even if the "elementary" level covers more than 2000 different characters (admittedly introduced over 300 readings.)