Learn Chinese in China
abcdefg

How can I disable "play sound" in ZDT?

7 posts in this topic

Recently installed ZDT version 9. (Environment is Win 7.) Works well except for sound.

When doing flashcards in the "self-review" mode, ZDT automatically tries to play the sound of the word, but can't. It then displays an error message that slows down my reviews. I wan't to turn off its attempts at playing sounds, but can't figure out how.

I thought there might be a way in "Preferences>Sound" but there does not seem to be. Nor can I find a way under "Preferences>Flashcards>"

Two screenshots below. The second screenshot shows the "Audio" box as unchecked.

Any ideas? Thanks.

post-20301-0-14687300-1356775822_thumb.jpg

post-20301-0-40592100-1356775842_thumb.jpg

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

Bump. Any other ZDT users encountered this?

Not sure there are that many ZDT users around now? I think the project's pretty much dormant and Pleco and Anki are most commonly used.

Which is no help at all :D

Not sure there are that many ZDT users around now?

They will soon have even one less user. I'm ready to give up on them.

Might not be as dead as I thought - the guy that ran the project hasn't logged in here for years, but I noticed files were updated on sourceforge in early 2012? Still, Anki does seem to the the tool of choice nowadays, except for those with Pleco.

I've used Anki for several years and like it quite a bit. But I use ZDT along with it. I first learn a batch of new words using ZDT, for example the 30 or so new words from each new lesson. I like the way ZDT lets me test myself on Pinyin recall.

Then I transfer those words to Anki to benefit from the SRS system it employs. Guess I need to change my tried and true method.