Chinese-Forums

Is it possible replace F visa to a 1 year permit to stay ?

Andrea.dispe

Hi all,

My name is Andrea and I'm 28 from italy. I study chinese language cause one day i hope to work abroad since life in italy is getting more frustrating day by day.

Right now I'm at Beijing and studying chinese at BLCU since December 13th 2012. The course I chosed lasts only 5 weeks and will end on January 16th. dcided to apply for that course because I had 2 months on a vacations from work and just yesterday I came to know the work is no more. So I decided for a big change, this is likely the best opportunity ever occured to me: i want to apply for a 1 year course (or 2 six-months courses) here in Beijing.

The problem now is to know if I can change my F visa (that will expire the 16th february) into a permit to stay for 1 year, or replace my F visa to an X visa for 1 year.

Is that possible? if so, how can I do and to who should I go?

Many thx for any kind answer.

It is possible to move from an F visa to a longer term one (X in your case). A few potential difficulties:

Spring festival is February 9-15 this year - and many universities may close the week prior (I guess), for about a month. This will seriously cramp your plans if you expect to stay in China continuously.

You may be required to return to your home country to process the change. It isn't always necessary (usually depending on the guanxi of the sponsoring organization), but in some cases it will be.

I'd plan on spending February in Italy, if I were your, converting/transferring to your new visa. Perhaps things work faster and that isn't necessary, but I think that's the worst case scenario.

Thank you for you quick reply guys!

So Icebear you mean that I could not get X Visa in time If I apply today or tomorrow. I mean it really takes so much tie to have the X Visa from 8th january to 16th February? In italy we have the option to choose between a normal visa preparation (that takes 1 week to be ready) or the fester process (that takes about 2 days) by paying a fee, i think it was about 15€-20€.

Yeah I considered to return to Italy but I would gladly save 700€ for the flight if possible. However if this is the last chance I will do it!

thank you all for your precious advices. Now I know what to do and what the problems could possibly be.

If i can I would like to quit the thread by asking to willing ppl to go see my thread http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/39710-is-it-better-sisu-or-blcu-and-2-six-months-courses-or-1-year-course/

If someone has some advice for me i would be grateful a lot. Sorry for this it is just because I have so few time still available.